<< See All News Stories
Victory Center Awarded the 2014 Preservation Achievement Award
The new Victory Center redevelopment received recognition on May 1 at the 2014 Celebration of Preservation. The $26.6 million redevelopment of the almost 100-year-old, four-story building at 7012 Euclid Ave. was honored with the Preservation Achievement Award for a Commercial Building by the Cleveland Restoration Society and the Cleveland Chapter of the American Institute of Architects. The new mixed-use complex is located in the core of Cleveland’s Health-Tech Corridor, and is now ready to house the city’s growing incubator and accelerator growth-stage companies.
Garson Victory LLC, a partnership led by real estate broker Scott Garson, was behind the project. The redevelopment team also includes Domokur Architects, Partners Environmental Consulting, Heritage Consulting, HLMS Sustainability Solutions and NAI Daus.
According to real estate website PropertyShark, the building was constructed in 1917 by the Craig Curtis Co. Griebel and Ebeling architects designed the building in the Neo-Classical Revival style.
Garson Victory acquired the property in late 2010 for $2.7 million. The restoration project called for the repair and replacement of the terra cotta cornice, the replacement of almost 90 window lintels, repairs to the brick façade and the replacement of 337 windows to exactly match the original window system of the property. The main lobby off Euclid Avenue was also restored. It includes the original terrazzo floor and marble wainscoting, which now sparkle under the upgraded contemporary lighting. The renovation was financed with the help of historic tax credits.
Victory Center opened its doors to tenants earlier this year. The 170,000-square-foot facility is LEED Silver certified and offers both lab and office space.